Thursday, September 15, 2011
Watersking fail! :(
I was twevle years old and everyone in my family knew how to waterski. I had grown up living on the lake and watched my older cousins land tricks, ski with one leg, and wipeout. They never thought I was old enough to try, but the day of my twelfth birthday they decided to take me out on the boat. I remember being so scared but I knew that if I didn't at least try I would regret it, and they would never let me live it down. The water was still freezing even though it was the begining of July. My life jacket was strapped around me and my feet were in the heavy skis. My brother Roger floated close by to give me instructions, and when he told me to hold on to the tow rope my knuckles turned white. They started to pull forward and as soon as the rope got tight I let go and realized I had not gone anywhere. I was embarrassed at first but my brother told me that it was okay because no one got up on their first try. So as the day went on I made no progress. I stopped letting go of the rope but I couldn't keep my legs straight to actually go forward. I ended up doing a lot of summer salts. After a few hours of trying the adults said it was time to stop and have dinner. I thought we could try again after dinner but it turned out to be the boys turn. So that was the last day that I tried to waterski, I never got a chance after that but I realized that I dont need to waterski to enjoy the lake. Watersking is a fun sport that was never able to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment