In the past I have had a lot of experience with writing research papers. In high school I took a persuasive research and writing class. I took it at the beginning of my junior year not only to improve my writing but to help prepare for the ACT. I found that writing research papers were somewhat challenging because even though you have an opinion on something, finding the right type of data to back it up is hard. After you find the research you have to cite it, in high school we had to do notecards. I understand that we have to give credit to the person we got the information from, but it just seemed like a lot of wasted time. I also had to write types of research papers for newspaper. We would do staff opinion papers and we would need supporting details. With that we wouldn’t have to cite everything. I enjoy writing research papers because it lets me state my opinion and then actually support my argument. That is my experience with writing research papers.
No comments:
Post a Comment